9 reasons to choose a Hosted Helpdesk
Here are the top reasons to choose the hosted helpdesk over the "installed" help desk application:
- No hardware and software costs - you don't have to buy and manage your own server, you don't need a copy of Windows and a copy of MS SQL Server
- No hiring costs - you don't need to hire staff to install and upgrade the software
- Leave the infrastructure to professionals - let us care about the network connectivity, firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems and the server maintenance of your helpdesk.
- Always the latest version - no upgrade fees. We update our hosted helpdesk much more often than we release new "downloadable" versions - this is called "continuous deployment". The app is updated several times a day. In fact, sometimes when a customer reports a glitch to us, our response is often "hit refresh".
- Reliable high-bandwidth network - our servers are hosted at Amazon's datacenter in N.Virginia, right next to Reddit, Instagram and others. more info
- Tight email integration - the hosted helpdesk offers the same level of email integration as the installed one. If checks a support mailbox you specify, generates helpdesk tickets from incoming emails and sends replies back to your users.
- Instant setup - sign-up for a free trial and start working in minutes.
- No backup headaches - leave that to us. We have multiple scheduled backups, which includes a daily database backup and a daily server backup.
- SSL - secured connections
- And finally - when we deploy the hosted helpdesk to our server, we copy it to the server in a "pre-compiled" mode. If you're an ASP.NET developer, you'll understand. This means - no html-files, no markup, no scripts, no XML-resources... Just pure binary code in optimized DLL-files.
We spend hours to fine-tune our server. Everything, from browser-caching headers to performance improvements and security patches has been thoroughly taken care of... You don't have to do it yourself.
"But I don't want to get stuck in a subscription"
Here's the thing: you can cancel it any time and we'll give you the data - either in a form of SQL backup file, or CSV-file with all your tickets and users, etc. etc. And if you ever decide to come back - we'll keep your data for 4 months, even for cancelled accounts, even the trial-accounts, that's the policy.
Last updated: 3/31/2017
more Hosted Help Desk whitepapers