Any ASP.NET-compatible web server with MS SQL database support:
- Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016 server or above, Vista/7/8/10 or above
- IIS Server 7+ (IIS 8.0 or above is highly recommended!)
- .NET Framework 4.5
- MS SQL Server 2008 and above (the free Express edition is fine), optionally you can install "Full-Text Search" for better and faster ticket search, but that's optional
- MS SQL Server does not need to be on the same machine with the IIS server. The linux verison of SQL Server is fine
- (optional) If you plan to install Jitbit Helpdesk using "setup.exe" on a Windows 2008/2012/7/8 machine you may need to install "IIS 6 compatibility mode" (like described here) OR install the product manually by simply copying the files to your web-server.
- For inbound emails to work you need the "SocketPermission" for the helpdesk application, and this may be disabled on some shared hostings
Please be aware that installing a web-application on a server can be a complicated task. It requires basic knowledge of how to install and administer MS SQL Server, create databases and run SQL scripts. You may also need some experience how to configure IIS server basic settings. We strongly recommend going with our hosted version, please try the server only if you really know what you're doing.
Any computer/smartphone/tablet with a browser (on PCs modern browsers are recommended: IE10+, Firefox, Chrome, Opera).
Did you know we have a hosted version?
To save yourself from configuring a server, installing the ticketing system and maintaining updates later, consider trying the hosted helpdesk which is just a few seconds away.
Last updated: 9/5/2018
more Helpdesk Ticketing System whitepapers