Helpdesk: full list of features
- Web-based - accessible from anywhere with just a browser, works on smartphones and touch devices.
- Hosted or self-hosted - use it online as a SaaS (recommended) or install on your own server
- iOS app + Android app + Mobile Web UI - free mobile apps plus the mobile-optimized web-UI that works on any screen through a mobile browser.
- Categorizing and Tagging tickets - assign tickets to different categories and assign default agents to categories.
- File attachments - attach documents, screenshots and PDFs to tickets and Knowledge base articles.
- Screen capture - you can record your screen (a video or a single screenshot) right from the web app, no additional software needed
- Live chat - for your website right inside the "contact us" widget (see below), more details here.
- Asset management - track your assets, assign assets to your users and tickets, track incident history and quickly find the asset owner
- Email-integration - the help desk app monitors your support mailbox and converts emails to tickets, sends out email replies and notifications.
- Time tracking - automatic billable hours tracking
- Knowledge base - self-service customer portal for publishing FAQs and how-to articles. Comes with a search engine, granular permissions and access logs and reports to discover your most popular content.
- Reports with an option to export to Excel and CSV: resolution time, time of day distribution, response speed and many other. And even a custom report builder. Track various customer support metrics, measure your agents performance etc.p
- Linking, merging tickets and users, "close as duplicate" and other advanced ticket management
- User/company history - quickly see previous requests from a company or a user
- Anti-spam for incoming emails
- User permissions - different user roles and security permissions (technicians can be assigned to different areas, no customer sees anyone elses data, etc). Set up custom password complexity policies.
- "Companies" - Assign users to "companies" and "departments", set up company "managers" and track ticket history from particular companies.
- Automated email/company assignment - the app will detect users emailing you from the same non-free domain name and assign them to the same company (optional)
- Active Directory authentication - possible Windows-integrated authentication - integrate our support ticket software with your existing Active Directory users catalog. Even the hosted version can authenticate users via AD
- Single sign on - integrate with your other apps via SAML (with any SAML provider - like Google Apps, Azure AD, ADFS etc), or use our simple Authentication API, or use the built-in "login with Google" feature out of the box.
- Automation/macros engine - Set up complicated workflows using our easy "if this - do that" engine. Here's an example trigger-action: "if the ticket becomes overdue send an HTTP-request to an external URL"
- Custom fields for tickets and assets, like "client number" or "equipment ID" etc
- Custom statuses for tickets, like "on hold" or "awaits shipping" etc
- Customizable working hours and timezones - global or per-user
- Custom domain (for the hosted version) - switch the help desk app to your own domain name, like "support.acme.com", SSL supported.
- Customizable email templates - global or ticket-category specific template, with granular notification settings
- Canned responses to frequent issues
- Multilingual - Help Desk supports English, German, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch,
Swedish, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Hindi, Finnish, and more.
- Import/export - users, tickets, assets, knowledge-base articles etc. You can import/export from CSV or pull live tickets from another ticket system (like Zendesk or Freshdesk)
- Audit logs - so you never have to ask "who deleted that ticket?" again
- Search engine - quickly find tickets by keywords, advanced search by ticket date, users, companies, tags, custom fields etc.
- Integration with 3rd-party apps, including:
- Google Drive
- Visual Studio Online
- ...and other
- REST API
- Source codes - C# source code license available for developers
- AI powered autosuggest - suggest relevant KB articles to users when they create a ticket, utilizing modern Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing techniques (hosted version only!).
- Calendar view for tickets, so you can easily manage your help desk's "due-dates".
- Ideas forum where users can suggest new features for your product, "vote" for feature-requests and leave their comments
- Scheduled tickets set up a daily/weekly/monthly/other schedule for your recurring maintenance tasks
- Machine Learning (hosted version only) - automatically suggest relevant Knowledge base articles and canned responses to helpdesk agents (not just end users) when tickets come in
These are just some of our help desk ticketing system features.
Short video tutorial
Remember to check our short 5 minutes introduction video here that quickly walks you through all the basic features of our ticket management system.
Last updated: 2/9/2020
more Helpdesk Ticketing System whitepapers