Helpdesk: full list of features
- Web-based - accessible from anywhere with just a browser, works on smartphones and touch devices.
- Hosted or self-hosted - use it online (recommended) or install on your own server
- iOS app + Android app + Mobile Web UI - free mobile apps plus mobile-optimized web-UI that works on any screen through a mobile browser.
- Categorizing and Tagging tickets - assign tickets to different categories and assign default agents to categories.
- File attachments - attach documents, screenshots and PDFs to tickets.
- Asset management - track your assets, assign assets to your users
- Email-integration - the help desk app monitors your support mailbox and converts emails to tickets, sends out email replies and notifications.
- Time tracking - automatic billable hours tracking
- Knowledge base - a self-support portal for users
- Reports with an option to export to Excel and CSV
- User permissions - different user roles and security permissions (technicians can be assigned to different areas, no customer sees anyone else's data, etc)
- "Companies" - Assign users to "companies", set up company "managers" and track tickets from particular companies.
- Active Directory authentication - possible Windows-integrated authentication - integrate our support ticket software with your existing Active Directory users catalog
- Single sign on - integrate with your other apps via SAML (with any SAML provider - like Google, Azure AD etc), or use our simple Authentication API.
- Automation/macros engine - Set up complicated workflows using our easy "if this - do that" engine.
- Custom fields for tickets, like "client number" or "equipment ID" etc
- Custom statuses for tickets, like "on hold" or "awaits shipping" etc
- Customizable design - add your own logo, change colors and fonts, add custom CSS, adjust the way your emails look
- Custom domain (for the hosted version) - switch the helpdesk app to your own domain name, like "support.acme.com"
- Multilingual - Help Desk supports English, German, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch,
Swedish, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Hindi.
- Import/export - for users, tickets, assets etc.
- Search engine - quickly find tickets by keywords, advanced search by ticket date, users, companies etc.
- Integration with 3rd-party apps, including:
- RESTful API
- Source codes - C# source codes available for developers
Short video tutorial
Remember to check our short 5 minutes introduction video here that quickly walks you through the basic features.
Last updated: 8/17/2016
more Helpdesk Ticketing System whitepapers